Monday, November 7, 2011

Comfort Food

There a couple of things that I have found come pretty naturally to me, one of them is baking and the other is thrift shopping. I went thrift shopping on my own this weekend, and spent almost 2 and a half hours in one store scouring through the racks and shelves. There were some awesome finds including some fabric that I am going to  use to make a tablecloth, curtains and one I just couldn't pass up but don't know what I'll do with it yet.



The top piece is a vintage fitted sheet that is going to be a table cloth, the middle one is this gorgeous heavy sateen that I am thinking pillows or maybe a recovering project, and the bottom one is a light sage queen sheet that is going to be curtains for our front room. Now that the tree has lost it's leaves, Chris has requested some curtains!

Here's what she looks like currently (I went with the design on the left hand side...this was my pic to send to my mom to help with the decision):


Tonight when I got home, I decided I wanted something sweet and comforting to go with dinner. We had some apples that were starting to go soft, so I decided an apple crisp would be perfect. It hit the spot, and made me feel a bit more at home (my parents have an apple orchard, so apple crisp was a staple growing up).


I've just started a new job, so my blog may be a little less frequent over the next few weeks, but I'll be sure to check in a few times a week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...