Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Holstee Manifesto...a life shattering experience

I'm not sure exactly how I came across the Holstee Manifesto, but when I did, it spoke to me. I originally bought it for my office, but I love it so much I decided to hang it up at home...that and it says "If you don't like your job, quit", which I decided was a bit risky for an HR Manager's office!



The poster arrived a couple of weeks ago and I set out to get a frame for it. Michael's had their frames on sale for 50% off, so I bought a plain black one. Once I got it home, I unpacked the frame outside and noticed the corner was a bit rough. I set it aside and went to look for the receipt to exchange it. In the two minutes I was inside a gust of wind knocked over the frame and the glass shattered; that was the end of searching for the receipt! I framed it without the glass, touched up the corner, and it's ready to be hung.

I still haven't landed on the final spot, but i've got three picked out. I think the landing of the stairs is going to win out!

2 comments:

  1. Painting don't have glass so I'm sure this will look amazing when it's up. I've heard that this manifesto inspired Who Gives A Crap - a toilet paper company that will use 50% of profits to build toilets and improve sanitation in the developing
    world. www.indiegogo.com/whogivesacrap

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it looks better without glass...and we got it up this weekend- foot of stairs won out:)

    Thanks for sharing the link- I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...