Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Harvest Share Update

The Harvest Share program is only 4 weeks away from being done, and I have to admit the end of the summer/early fall brings the best bounty. Here is a look at the last four weeks...loving my pie pumpkin from last week!

And the winner of the weirdest item is................... A Romanesco cauliflower/broccoli! I received this item in week 15, and immediately took its picture.

I sautéed it with a little oil garlic and chili flakes tonight, and I found that it really does taste like a cauliflower with a tightly wound broccoli texture...perfect for this tightly wound chick! Not only is this vegetable beautiful, it is pretty fun to eat as well!

Here's how it looked after I cut up half!

Have you tried any new fruits or veggies this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...