Friday, October 11, 2013

#fallingforfall

Have you seen this hashtag trending in your instagram and facebook feed? Personally, i'm a big fan of fall, so i'm in for falling for fall. I was inspired by this perfect red maple leaf when I was volunteering last weekend at the Run For The Cure. I carried it around, searching for the perfect place to take its picture...a few people even commented on the fact that I was carrying this little guy around. Despite my lack of photographing talent and my constant use of my iphone camera over our beautiful Nikon we received as a wedding present, I pretend to be an artistic photographer every now and then and it brings me great joy.





We have a busy holiday weekend ahead including two Thanksgiving dinners! I am on dessert duty for both and will be making carrot cake, a lemon dessert and these pumpkin spice cupcakes (recipe here). I have decorated the house with a few of my fall decorations. With my buffet and two additional fireplace mantels that I didn't have in our last place, the decor is looking a little sparse, but definitely festive. I also picked up two pumpkins last weekend, so my porch is looking season ready!

Wishing you all a great Thanksgiving, hoping you get to enjoy all the tastes and sights of the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...