Friday, October 18, 2013

Bedroom Makeover: Paint Job

A few weekends back when Chris was out of town, I decided to paint our bedroom. The funny thing was, I thought I had tricked my husband into picking a paint colour that I had shortlisted, and he thought he had tricked his wife into painting our bedroom Maple Leaf's blue.

I'm a pretty low maintenance painter, I just use a piece of cardboard to keep my paint can and tray off the floor. I use a short-handled angled brush to cut in and a roller to do the big spaces. The colour I chose is called Lakefront. It is a CIL colour that I had mixed into the Benjamin Moore Origins paint. Originally I liked Benjamin Moore's Yarmouth Blue, but was looking for something a bit darker. This was my first time using paint with built in primer, and although the lady at the store said it would only take one coat, it definitely took two. You might be able to get away with one coat if it's a light one, but i'm guessing two is always better.


Here is the before (top) and after (bottom). I am still planning to paint the top of the left hand wall the same white as a ceiling to brighten up the space, but I am loving the new and improved bedroom colour. Apparently blue is calming, which is exactly what i'm looking for in a bedroom!

The before and after of the closet area- the colour looks very grey in this picture/lighting. I cannot wait to replace these broken beige shades with white faux wood blinds.

While I was cutting in, I had a special helper that wanted his belly scratched...the best part was when he stretched out and coated the bottom of his paws in fresh paint!


Happy Friday everyone! We have a busy weekend ahead of visiting family and friends with new babies! I am also planning on packing up my summer clothes and familiarizing myself with my winter wardrobe for another season! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...