Monday, June 3, 2013

Raising the White Flag on the Blue Island!

One of the first things I did in the house (after removing the tacky gems and ribbons from the guest room chandelier) was paint the island. It was a blue that didn't go with anything in the kitchen (those lights are also on my list...did you even have to ask)? While painting the island, I learned that it is actually made of an old door cut in half and some beadboard. The beautiful table top is the top of an old harvest table. I primed it first and then used two coats of acrylic enamel paint that I found downstairs. I then added one coat of water-based polycrylic to protect the finish since the island also houses our dishwasher. I'm loving how it turned out!

The BEFORE shot





Post Primer

The Finished Product!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...