Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Berry Good Time

Last weekend we went to Dixie Anne & Doug's house for a birthday BBQ. I asked DA if I could make the cake, and much to my delight she said yes! I saw this recipe on Cupcakes and Cashmere that Emily made for her own BBQ and couldn't wait to try it myself. 


It's very simple, just yellow cake (I used duncan hines), whip cream and berries. I used raspberries, blueberries and strawberries for my version! The cake plate in the photo above was gifted to me by a friend...amazingly enough I had picked up the matching sugar bowl at a yard sale...maybe i'll find the creamer this summer!


DA also made a delightful homemade sangria with Fuzion wine, she's becoming a bit of a sangria expert!


Credits to my artistic director and loyal blog reader Doug for the photos in this post!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...