Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Literary Patina

I have always loved books. My mom is a literacy teacher, so I come by it honestly. Growing up most kids played on sports teams or went to summer camp in the summer, I joined the library summer reading challenge (it takes far less coordination). Recently I have started collecting old books, mostly for display, although I am reading an old copy of Pride and Prejudice at the moment.




Top: 1857 copy of John Halifax with an inscription dated September 25, 1917 "To Methven Adamson from Mother on his birthday, The Year of the Great War

Bottom- collection from latest Flea Market

I have seen old books used as centerpieces at rustic vintage weddings, and I'm loving this idea! I've pinned a few examples on my Interesting DIY board, but here's my favourite:

boards.weddingbee.com







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...