I've been thinking a lot lately about different things that I would like to do around the house now that spring has sprung and we've been here for over a year. This post is more for me to keep track of design priorities throughout the summer, but thought I'd share
1. I would like to keep an eye out for a coat rack for the front room. Our (read: Chris') coats usually end up on the staircase if they don't make it to the back closet, and it would be nice for guests who are just staying a while to have a place to hang their coat. I have the perfect little nook for one.
2. I would like to re-do the back entry way. I have pinterest board dedicated to it. I would like to install a rail to hang coats (possibly using old pallets) as well as potentially set up cubbies, although I am worried about the cats climbing them. I'm thinking about a bench,mirror, rack combo thing, so I should measure the space before I venture to Christie.
3. I would like to re-do the office upstairs as we do not use the desk, and turn it into a reading room, moving my desk, a rug and table I have in storage. The idea would be to move the exercise equipment downstairs behind the living room. I'm still having trouble sectioning off this huge space...so we'll see...thoughts in process
4. I am also thinking of putting a chest of drawers in the living room for additional storage and moving the lovely metal table that's there now...I wonder if I could add casters to the table and turn it into a cart for the kitchen?
5. If we're in this place for the long haul, I would also like to re-do the spare bedroom. I know it's the boat room now, and that doesn't need to change...but the wall colour has to go.
Summer Find Wish List
Chest of Drawers for the Living Room
Coat Rack (Standing)
Coat Rack (Hanging)
Possibly a small bench
Comfy Chair (possibly rocking) & Ottoman