Here are some of my key learnings:
- Everyone has an opinion, and the more you read, the more confused you will be. I actually ordered two books from Amazon last week on sleep, and they are literally polar opposite and contradictory in terms of their advice!
- Everyday is different...every baby is also different, so feel free to nod and smile when someone tells you their child was on a schedule at 4 weeks, and then disregard.
-Pack an extra shirt for yourself in the diaper bag when you go out
-Get out- for me, getting out helps me to maintain some sense of normal
-Things will never go back to what they were, so embrace the change and create a new normal, and then get ready for it to change again just when you're getting comfortable.
Charlotte at 1 Month Old
- She is very strong, can hold her head up and move it from side to side
- Likes her play-gym, although doesn't really play at this point
- Likes eating on one side per feeding
- Likes fighting sleep in case she's going to miss something
- Likes open air time and her bath
- Dislikes being put down
- Dislikes every apparatus we have bought with the exception of the Mammaroo (thank you Kijiji)!