Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Small Victories

I mentioned in my last post, that certain everyday tasks become accomplishments when parenting a newborn. While I have found getting out of the house to be the best remedy for feeling human again, today I stayed in and had two small victories- I made a soup from scratch (granted I roasted the vegetables yesterday) and baked homemade cookies. We have been blessed by great friends bringing food by and a freezer full of meals we prepared ahead of time, but sometimes it's nice to have fresh food you cooked yourself!

The soup is super easy- just roast a squash, an onion, two cloves of garlic and an apple together for an hour. I like to add a couple tablespoons of brown sugar or maple syrup to the squash hollows.  Then add a quart of chicken stock, the roasted vegetables and salt and pepper to taste in a pot to simmer before pureeing. It's one of our fall favourites!



The recipe for these Best Ever Oatmeal Raisin cookies can be found in this post


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...