Monday, April 15, 2013

Whole Lemon Tart

I made this tart a few weeks ago to bring to Easter Dinner. I used attending dinner parties as my chance to try a new recipe (always accompanied by something safe that I know works, in this case vanilla cupcakes with chocolate icing). The lemon tart definitely stole the show, and is a perfect spring/summer dessert!

I took the recipe from Smitten Kitchen. There are two cool things about this tart; one, the crust is frozen before baking to reduce chances of shrinkage and two, you use the entire lemon (minus the seeds). I was definitely skeptical, but the results were delicious!


Minimal shrinkage on the tart shell and proof you put the whole lemon into the filling!






Best to bake on a cookie sheet covered in parchment or a silicone mat!


Final product just missing a dusting of icing sugar...delicious!

Happy Monday everyone:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...