Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Meeting the Petersiks!

I was beyond excited to hear that John & Sherry from Young House Love were coming to Toronto for a book signing at West Elm. On a second note, I was doubly thrilled that Toronto has a West Elm store (more on that later in the week).

 
My awkward shot, just in case they ended when they said they would!

I had read on their blog  that the lines were long for their book signings, but I really had no idea what to expect when I walked into West Elm, given this was a Canadian stop. Turns out we Canadians love us some Young House Love because I stood with my 500 new best friends for just over 3 hours to get my book signed! I don't think I have stood in line for anything that long (including the first Lululemon warehouse sale in Toronto)! On the plus side, I made friends in line and we were treated to some yummy hot chocolate and cookies all night long!



It was certainly worth the wait because John and Sherry are exactly how you would expect them to be when you read their blog! They stayed well over 2 hours beyond their event time and didn't lose one ounce of energy (probably due to their midnight DIY routines)! Sherry is just as loud, bubbly and wonderful as she is in her pinterest challenge videos, and John cracks jokes with just about everyone and clearly adores his wife. It was lovely to meet them, and gives me hope that all the bloggers I read are as real as they appear to be!

Thanks for making your way to Canada- love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...