Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hibernation


hi·ber·nate

  [hi-ber-neyt] 
verb (used without object), hi·ber·nat·ed, hi·ber·nat·ing.
1.
Zoology to spend the winter in close quarters in a dormantcondition, as bears and certain other animals. Compareestivate.
2.
to withdraw or be in seclusion; retire.
3.
to winter in a place with a milder climate: Each winter finds ushibernating in Florida


We've been really busy lately, between travelling, holidays, work and wedding planning, it feels like i've been running on empty for a few weeks now. I've made a plan to "hibernate" for the entire month of January. We already have commitments lined up in November, and I know December will be busy with the holidays, I have planned to do absolutely nothing in January. I got a head start on my hibernation when I found myself with a free weekend...the only problem is that I don't really know how to hibernate, it's not in my nature. 

Here's what I accomplished this weekend when I was trying to hibernate:

  • I failed at making bread not once, not twice but three times. I tried two recipes from Edie at Life in Grace and one from Michael Smith. The results were not impressive, one did not come out of the pan despite much greasing, and two were far too moist despite very dark outer crust. Almost the entire reason why I have a stand mixer is to make bread. My grandmother makes bread every single week, and   even with a full recipe and having shadowed her a number of times I still can't master the recipe or technique. I am seriously thinking of joining a bread making course!
  • I successfully cooked:

  • I caught up on my television shows:
    • The Bachelor Canada (Guilty pleasure, and I'm a proud Canadian)
    • The Voice
    • Nashville (I'm in LOVE with this new show)
    • The Big Bang Theory
    • New Girl
  • I switched my summer and winter clothes now that it's starting to get cooler
  • I went to Yoga class
  • I found the cupcake carrying case at Winners. (i've been coveting since I was introduced to it by Francine in July)

The only thing I didn't accomplish was starting my sewing projects, I guess there's always January!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...