Monday, September 3, 2012

Weekend Haul

We went to Brantford this weekend to visit Chris' Parents and check out the Paris Fair. The fair on Saturday night did not disappoint! The demolition derby was fun to watch and we got to check out all of the animals in the agriculture building...roosters are not to be messed with!

On the way to the Paris fair, I noticed a number of signs for garage sales of neighbours taking advantage of the annual increase in traffic. We clearly had a derby to get to, so I made a mental note to entice Chris' mom to come with me the next morning. It didn't take much enticing (she loves stoping at random sales), so we were off bright and early to check out the goods. Turns out there's an annual antique sale in Paris over the labour day weekend at Paris Road Antiques, so we stopped in to check it out.

Here's what I found there:


Two old coffee tins, two small fruit jars and one large blue tinted bottle. I also picked up an old seed bag (not pictured)

Then we headed out to see what else we could find. We got a lead from the lady at the antique sale that a gentleman up the road was a bottle expert and was having a garage sale. He told me he has sold a lot of his collection, but still has 30,000 bottles and jars left! I purchased the two large crown jars below from him. Then we found the mother of all garage sales, where I purchased the pink pyrex, the pyrex juice bottle, a Johnson Bros platter and an old Better Homes Cookbook. The total for the four items came to 25 cents...yes cents!!! I couldn't believe it, and I thought I was ripping the guy off, so I gave him a dollar...for some reason a dollar just felt better! He had an old ladder for $3.00, but I just didn't think Chris could handle another ladder being added to my collection!



I hope you had a nice Labour Day weekend. It's back to school for a lot of my teacher friends and family this week. September is a little bit crazy for me, so I may only be posting once or twice a week until October.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...