Friday, December 30, 2011

Home for the Holidays

It's been a busy week at our house! My parents arrived on Christmas Eve from New Brunswick. We had our first Christmas in our house, and then headed to Chris's parents house for an amazing Christmas dinner!


The kittens enjoyed their first Christmas and all the paper and ribbon! 

My Grammy crocheted us this beautiful afgan for our living room

You know you've made too many sweet treats when there are still leftovers after all of the parties and visiting (read: not complaining)!. This year I made sugar cookies, homemade twix bars, homemade peanut butter cups, peppermint patties, ginger cookies, peppermint bark and salted caramel chocolate pretzel bark. The pretzel bark and peppermint patties were clear favourites, and I will be adding those to the annual traditions list along with the homemade twix bars. I'll share the twix recipe a little later.

We left on Wednesday afternoon for New Brunswick, as one of my good friends is getting married on Christmas Eve. It was a long drive, but we did have some eye candy along the way!






Boy was I glad to see this sign!


I hope you all had a great holiday. I'll be back in a few days to share the DIY from my friend's wedding as well as share some cooking and design resolutions as we look forward into 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...