Saturday, December 10, 2011

Friday Night Baking

Last night I bought a lot of baking supplies at the grocery store on my way home from work. I typically bake a ton this time of year; I attend one cookie exchange, plenty of potlucks and this year we're hosting; that means a lot of cookies!


Last night I made Angie's sugar cookies. They made over 4 dozen, and are pretty good. I think next time I would make them with margarine because i'm pretty sure that's how my grammy did it, and lets be honest we're all looking for a taste of home!





I found a full set of old pyrex mixing bowls at an antique show last summer- I love them! I had to buy measuring cups with metal handles because I have a habit of breaking the plastic ones...guess i'm a tough baker!










I find when you're using the stand mixer for cookies, you need to leave it on the lowest setting, otherwise they get over-mixed.






The finished product! Very festive, they were packed up and put in the freezer.(Now I just need a bigger freezer)!!!











Stay tuned for more holiday baking. I've just found a recipe for homemade peppermint patties that i'm dying to try, and I still have to decide what to make for the cookie exchange! We're getting our tree this weekend and decorating the outside of the house, we'll be fully festive in no time:)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...