Sunday, January 5, 2014

Surviving Christmas

I was so looking forward to our first Christmas in our new home, and it certainly was a memorable one. We lost our power on December 21st and it did not come back on for good until the 24th. We were so lucky to have it come back before Christmas, as many were without power much longer than us.

Before the power went off, I captured a few images of surviving the ice storm. Here are a few of the tree branches that fell on our roof before tumbling to the ground. Our sitting room has skylights and is surrounded by windows, falling trees are terrifying. From what we can tell, the only major damage was to our eves trough. We'll find out more in the Spring.

We weren't the only ones terrified. Every time a branch fell, one cat ran upstairs and the other ran to the basement. We set up shop in the sitting room, and they were very happy to comply.


On day 3 of no power, I went to my local gym for a hot shower. I couldn't help but take in the ice crystal landscape.


All in all we had a great holiday despite the storm. My mom came to visit after Christmas and we got to see Chris' family after they returned from vacation. We capped it off with a party with friends and taking down all of the decorations. I am looking forward to 2014, and hope to learn how to use the DSLR we got from my parents as a wedding present.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...