Wednesday, January 15, 2014

DIY Bouquets and Boutonnieres

I'm back with some wedding posts as I received all of my pictures just before the holidays, and now have plenty to share!

As you know by now, this wedding was a labour of love and a practice in cost savings. One of the greatest opportunities for cost savings in my opinion is designing your own bouquets and boutonnieres. Not everyone is up for this, or wants the added stress, but given we only had 3 bouquets and 8 boutonnieres, I figured we could definitely manage. There are tons of DIY videos and blog posts on making your own bouquets. This is a good one for bouquets and this one is good for boutonnieres.

You will need:
Flowers
Floral wire
Floral tape
Garden Sheers
Ribbon to wrap around the base
Glue gun and glue to secure ribbon

We ordered flowers ahead of time from Costco. The total for all of this was $96.50, and we didn't even use all of these flowers!

The ladies in action making boutonnieres
Mom helping to add the final touch on the day

The finished product!

With the girls' blue bouquets


The guys and their boutonnieres

All in all this wasn't a bad project at all. We made all 8 boutonnieres in less than two hours. If we bought them at the store, it would have cost us about $100. We did ours for less than $20. Our bouquets took a little longer, but that's just because we had to decide how we wanted them to look and what flowers to use. For those indecisive brides, i'd recommend choosing an inspiration photo so you and your ladies have something to go off of. This was my inspiration bouquet, and i'm very happy with how it turned out:) I added lace from my dress to the base and secured my grandmother's brooch on the front. It was my something borrowed, blue and old!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...