Thursday, December 20, 2012

Mountain of Oreos

I always have a hard time deciding on my cookie club cookie each year. This year I went with homemade Oreos from Smitten Kitchen. They looked fairly easy to make and my friend Jess also made them recently.

They were quite easy to make, but keep in mind that oreos have 2 sides (who knew!), and that means double the amount of cookies for whatever you are baking for. In my case, I needed to make 6 dozen plus some to share for cookie club, so this meant 3 batches and over 180 cookies!

Our power went out just as I finished making the frosting, so you can picture me piping by candlelight!

They're pretty tasty, although very very sweet, so you may want to reduce the sugar in the actual cookie as the filling makes up for it!




Here they are all ready to go:)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...