Friday, December 7, 2012

DIY Friday: Grain Sack Pillow

As promised, here are the details on my Sunday night project! I have had this grain sack that I purchased at Christie for almost 2 years, just waiting for the right time to do something with it. Well that right time came last weekend when I became increasingly frustrated with the current pillow covers, and wanted a brand new option that was big enough to hold the pillow but still fun and worked with the rest of the decor.

I simply measured the pillows, divided the grain sack in two and sewed the bottom (while inside out) to make the pillow. Then to create the closures, I used navy satin ribbon, sewn on both sides and closed by tying  bows. A tip for finishing satin ribbon ends is to cut a clean line and singe the ends with a lighter. I love how it turned out, and I just need to repeat the process on the other end of the grain sack to make the matching pair!

Happy Friday everyone, hoping you all have a wonderful weekend, and accomplish everything you set your mind to! I'm hoping decorating, studying and baking is in my future, with a road trip to pick up our Christmas tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...