As I shared in this post earlier this summer, I have an old wooden rocker that I am slowly but surely refinishing. When I started out, I got this far and then rethought stripping it altogether.
Between the weather and my passive flaking, stripping and a wee bit of sanding...I got this far:
It is complete shabby chic, and as much as I love that, it's not quite the look I was going for in this piece! Tonight I filled the holes with wood filler, and soon this puppy with get a coat of primer and two coats of a very lovely blue/green shade! It was probably the quickest I ever picked out a paint colour (read: I had help from a hungry man...never put a trip to Lowes in between him and dinner), but I'm quite satisfied. I'll share the finished project next week!