Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: Shower Recap

It has been over a month now since my whirlwind shower weekend, but I wanted to make sure I shared some of the details and photos from the day.

My soon to be Mother-in-Law planned and organized the entire shower and then asked my lovely friends and bridal party Caitlin and Tricia to play hosts for the day!

The shower was held at the beautiful Ancaster Mill. We had the solarium complete with amazing waterfall views. It was the perfect setting for a group our size (about 30).



Caitlin and I had to wait outside while Tricia and Louanne were finishing the set-up- we managed to take the best ever selfie- clearly enormous sunglasses are the key to a picture perfection!

I was literally showered with gifts, which was a bit overwhelming given once you pass childhood birthdays, you typically aren't in a situation where you're the center of attention opening a ton of gifts (some from people you just met that day)! We are so lucky to have such great family and friends.


One of the traditions I love about Ontario wedding showers (or at least the ones I've experienced here) is that the groom shows up at the end with a bouquet of flowers for the bride to say hello and thank you to all of the guests (and to help me transport everything home). Chris was doubly sweet by bringing not only a bouquet for me, but one for his mom. She was over the moon, and it was really sweet! Here are the beautiful flowers I brought home:


Overall it was a great day. We played some fun games (my favourite was the newlywed game where I had to guess how Chris answered questions). Chris' mom did a great job pulling it together, my favourite touch was the flower arrangements in teacups, and everyone that attended had a great time. I've found since the shower everything wedding related has moved into high gear. My dress is done, we  picked up our wedding bands last week, and we have almost all of the RSVPs to build our seating chart. What once was over a year away is quickly approaching- definitely have a few last minute DIYs I need to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...