Baker & Co Ltd Plate thrifted
Oatmeal On The Go
- 5 cups oatmeal
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 Tbsp brown sugar (or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- optional: 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 cups over-ripe mashed banana, measured after mashing (About 6 bananas)
- 2 2/3 cups water (if you use maple syrup, cut water by 1/3)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp oil
- 2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional add-ins:, shredded coconut, chopped walnuts, ground flax or wheat germ, raisins or other dried fruit, etc.
Preheat oven to 380 F, and line 24-25 cupcake tins. In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir very well. In a separate bowl, combine and stir all wet ingredients (including banana). Mix wet into dry, then pour into the cupcake liners and bake 21 minutes. If you're making two flavours, split the batch before adding inclusions. I used 1/3 cup chocolate chips in one batch and 1/3 cup blueberries in the other batch.