Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sweet Sweets

Happy Valentine's Day!



I made sugar cookies for Chris' potluck today. I was hoping to revitalize my strawberry icing that I had froze from here for cupcakes, but unfortunately the butter separated and the freezing/fruit added a lot of water, and it just couldn't be saved (despite trying with additional icing sugar).




Tonight I redeemed myself with a chocolate cream cheese buttercream to top the naked cupcakes...it's delicious and very easy to make. I found the recipe on Glory's blog, and it is absolutely AWESOME. I also got to use my new large tip and icing kit from Christmas to frost them- very exciting!!!

Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
½ cup (1 stick/8 Tablespoons) butter at room temperature
8 oz. cream cheese (directly from fridge)
1/2 cup cocoa (I use Fry's)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
4 cups powdered confectioners sugar
1 Tbsp heavy cream, heavy whipping cream (I used milk)

Directions:
*Place butter in a large mixing bowl and blend slightly. Add cream cheese and blend until combined, about 30 seconds.
*Sift cocoa into mixture, mix until fully combined 
*Add vanilla extract and powdered sugar and blend on low speed until combined. Increase to medium speed and beat until it begins to get fluffy.
*Slowly add the heavy cream, beat until fluffy, about 1 minute.
*Use at once or keep refrigerated. (Glory says this frosting will keep well in the refrigerator for several days, but you may need to re-beat it for the best texture.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...