Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Kijiji Escapades

I'm in the process of re-evaluating our space. We purchased a new couch, and it is being delivered this week. As a result, I am reviewing all of our furniture and the fit in our home. I have used kijiji before with mixed success, but thought I would try it again to sell a few items. I currently have a box spring set, a cupboard and shelving units for sale.

Here are the pictures of the cupboard and one of the shelving units. This cupboard has been with me forever, it has acted as a microwave stand, a recipe book holder and an entertainment unit. We just don't have a use for it anymore, so I'd like to find it a good home!




Here's what i've learned about selling items on Kijiji

1. Make sure you're absolutely sure you're ready to sell because sometimes things can move quickly
2. Add a bit of cushion to your price because people are expecting to negotiate
3. Be prepared to answer a lot of emails that go nowhere
4. Put "If this posting is still active, the item is still available" in your post. People will still email and ask, but it might help a bit.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...