Monday, August 5, 2013

Fresh Cherry Crisp

One of the very wonderful things I have experienced from participating in the Harvest Share program has been trying new recipes with fruits and vegetables I wouldn't necessarily pick up on my own. When I have bought cherries in the past, it has just been to eat fresh like grapes. When I received cherries in my farm basket, I knew I wanted to do something more with them. We ate a few fresh, and then I decided to make a cherry dessert. I learned that most cherry desserts on the internet use canned cherry pie filling, but when I came across this fresh cherry crisp; I knew I found a winner. The end result was the perfect balance of sweet, tart and crunch. Preparing them in individual ramekins makes it easy to serve and reheat!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...